Monday, December 19, 2005
Imâ

Last night at the television I saw an old lady pumping a vessel so she could help his grandson to breath. Apparently the child died and lola could not even stop here self from crying. Though I am not that soft hearted the scene mingled my emotion and i began to cry.

Last week I went home, i havent been to our town for two consecutive weeks which is very unusual. Mom did not send me money over my bank and i had a hard time allocating the small amount of money i had. The choice was not to eat for three days and yes i never tasted any solid food, only coffee and chocolate drinks coming from the machine at the library sufficed my hungry days. Then back home i went to my Ima's house. (Ima is the translation of mother in the kapampangan dialect). Ima is what I call to my grand mother, a woman of 72 with more than 10 grandchildren it is unquestionable that I am her favorite amongst us. A lot of my cousins envy me for capturing Ima's heart for they do not experience the kindness that she is giving me.

Ima asked me why did not I get home last week and i told her i did not have the money to pay for my transportation (fairly for about 200 pesos) and that i have not eaten my meals for three consecutive days. Then I pulled out a sachet of milo from her store and went back to our house. Ima called Ron, my younger brother and gave him two-100 peso bills covered with plastic. Ron went home weeping his tears. I had no idea on why was he crying but mom talked to him and Ron told mom that she saw Ima crying after handing him the money. Ima told Ron that she could not do anything for me, nor she does have a lot of money so she could support my education.

Like the old lady in the TV, Ima wants me to survive. It is for I to fullfil her lofty dreams of retiring from her sari sari store. I would want to see her sitting on a comfy chair drinking her favorite coffee while listening to her old radio component. I am challenged with where could I possibly earn a good living. I hope I see it someday. Ima will be 73 on January 1. Happy birthday Ima






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< let's sail back home =)

The Fruits of My Imagination

Let's keep this room neat and tidy

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Fernando, Pampanga, Philippines

Call me geek I don't care, I never claimed I am.



My Org Flipp
Koha ILS
Font from GWWG
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com