Sunday, January 01, 2006
Feng shui, buy these and do that

It's the start of the year 2006 and people visit their psychics for their anual fortune telling a lie. Filipinos got into the ditch wherein they are almost turned in into good luck fanatics. This is somewhat healthy for they are guided by such foreseeing. But the world doesnt turn its axis on a piece of bagwa, a spoiled mooncake (how many years does a moon cake last, do you usually see the molds?) or a mere generalized hula.

I enjoy Joy Lim whenever she talks on some tv show where she is the guest. A resource person for the crystals that may bring luck every year. Not only that, i think she already expanded her product line, from crystals, now for all that feng shui stuffs. She always say, "buy this one, buy that one, put it beside your blah blah". And where do you buy? Hmm.. i bet from her shop or other chinese shops. Every year she always advice people to buy her new products or routined products whatsoever. Couldn't people see that they almost rushed in the crystals/chinese shops and spend their money to nothing, then next year, they buy new stuff, do they think those are good investment? Instead of having a nice meal on christmas or new years eve they tend to allocate some budget into inimical things? And ofcourse Joy lim and other fortune tellers gets richer and richer and they expand their product lines.

I got the fear of firecrackers when I was a kid (I really dont know the certain "phobia" you call it, maybe my readers know it). My uncle had a big cut on his right hand because of an accident with firecrackers, i think he even got his cataract from it. I saw tons of blood coming from his palm, and i always remember that scene. Another waste of money and lungs (and of hands, and of eyes): fire crackers, they are pretty much expensive but people buy them? why? for luck? who said it was for luck, the chinese, again. Personally I dont believe in luck and in destiny (jane I hope you read this). Life is life itself, you make your own pathways. The counter argument that people tell me about this is that some people try their best but they have no luck. Hell with luck? I think most of the people believing in luck are belligerent, excited people (sorry for the terms but as of the moment, those words are what i think lucky for them to call with). They light their fire crackers to stab away the evil spirits, they dont even know if spirits exists (oh ofcourse they have their respective religion). What i think is more delightful is for them to put those money (which they use to buy firecrackers) into a piggy bank and then after the year, donate them to charitable institution. Can't they imagine that a 20 pesos worth of fire crackers can feed a hungry orphan? Instead of adding Carbon dioxide into the warmed atmosphere, why not feed those hungry and help those who are in need?

We celebrated the New Years eve with no fireworks nor firecrackers. It was a simple night (new year is the birthday of Ima, my granny), we just ate ham and nilagang baka and then we slept. And our neighbors.. ofcourse, they almost burned the streets, wasted gasoline on starting their car engines.

There is more to luck and prosperity. Man should strive hard for him to get his every day meal. It is not Budha or Jesus Christ to decide wether man should be on hunger and on fast. They gave man freewill, and this wonderful gift shall enable man to succeed and experience the good offerings of life. Again, I want say: live life to the fullest! Joyeusse Annee to every one!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< let's sail back home =)

The Fruits of My Imagination

Let's keep this room neat and tidy

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Fernando, Pampanga, Philippines

Call me geek I don't care, I never claimed I am.



My Org Flipp
Koha ILS
Font from GWWG
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com