Friday, May 26, 2006
If You're In Need of Help
In my everyday checking of mails, my inbox is being bombarded by a lot of emails coming from different people around the globe. They ask for support and technical assistance with their integrated library systems. N0t to mind that I am a member of a mailing list of the first intergrated library system, koha, I usually reply and help with the best that I could but sometimes my best is not that suited enough to aide them.Most of the questions are on the installation of koha, people are having such a hard time in putting up the daemons (i.e. perl modules, etc.). Especially those koha systems running on windows. I tell them that koha is not suitable for windows since it is a native linux development.
When somebody asks about MYSQL, I ask him of what his version of the free database is. Koha 2.2.5, the latest version was tested and proven to run using MySQL 4.1 or 3.23. Still there is no support for the version 5.0
I am currently using koha at my office, you can browse the online public access catalog at http://203.87.241.3 and browsing through it, you may find the basic components of an opac.
If someone is having some trouble with koha, and his location is near the University of the Philippines Diliman, please do leave a comment in this post and give your contact details. I am not a koha expert, nor I have lots of knowledge with perl or mysql but I really am willing to help.
link | posted by qiqo at 4:21 AM
0 Comments:


