Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Never to be a work-aholic

At 1 pm, i went to the office where I am supposed to work in. The place was very nice, actually it is a semi-appartment type so I feel at home. I was then introduced to the members of the team and they were nice too. I faced the computer for 7 and a half hours, without any breaks or whatever, i just stayed there and tried to install an integrated library system on a windows platform. It was a pain in the ass for the ILS that I use is natively linux. But i do not have any choice since the only available platform is windows. I told my superior that we need a linux machine, i was very glad to hear that they are also planning to have one. So i gave them a recommended specifications for a linux server box. It has to be intel at the moment because i do not receive any possitive updates on AMD's opteron. A pentium 4 processor with a hyperthreading capability will be fine. Add up some ECC memory and a SATA or SCSI hard drive and our ILS will be ready to go.

I was busy, I already catalogued 30 books, (part of the 1000 titles of which I am to catalogue). I am also tasked to make some indexes and abstracts of conference proceedings and other documents.

I really do not want to be a workaholic, but as the economy tells me, I need to work hard so I could get the money needed for my tuition fee. I also need to pay my loans. I also need to buy a cellular phone. I am somewhat alienated. Good night everyone






1 Comments:
Blogger lord ren had this to say:

talaga lang a!

2:58 AM 

Post a Comment

<< let's sail back home =)

The Fruits of My Imagination

Let's keep this room neat and tidy

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Fernando, Pampanga, Philippines

Call me geek I don't care, I never claimed I am.



My Org Flipp
Koha ILS
Font from GWWG
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com