Saturday, May 06, 2006
I am a Librarian, look up to me

At last, after a long period of waiting, I have a job. I still am not a gratuate of Library Science but an NGO trusted me in establishing their new library. I was chosen among the few because they believe that I could apply my knowledge in integrated library systems, cataloguing, indexing and a lot of library stuff. I am to deploy an opensource library system which I already customised tons of months ago. I hope the NGO will pay me right so I could pursue my degree at the UP. Well cross fingers, and we shall see.

I am starting on Monday. I will be leaving my project with the ILIS Network since they do not seem to be interested with my new network proposal or they just lack money to pay me. Ten grand is not that bad because i am to fix all the network problems, clean the computers, and install a management software for all of the workstations. Actually for me, this is exploitation, but hey, i really love my institute that is why I am doing all of these, but they do not seem to understand, anyway i shall continue with my work on my other commitments. Have a great week end everybody!






1 Comments:
Blogger mac.n.tux had this to say:

10K to do everything? They must be mad - that is indeed a bargain!

Contact me - we might be able to do some projects together. :D

5:35 AM 

Post a Comment

<< let's sail back home =)

The Fruits of My Imagination

Let's keep this room neat and tidy

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Fernando, Pampanga, Philippines

Call me geek I don't care, I never claimed I am.



My Org Flipp
Koha ILS
Font from GWWG
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com