Friday, May 26, 2006
Qikoha a Linux Distribution with an Integrated Library System

Alright guys, the title of this article is also the title of my thesis at the Institute of Library and Information Science. This might be an early press release but as of the moment I would like to share to you that there is on going progress with my thesis.

Qikoha, a debian based linux distribution is packaged with koha, the world's famous integrated library system capable of handling thousands of bibliographic records is now being developed by noneother than me! Yes folks I am doing this all by myself.

I just finished reviewing the system architecture of debian and now, I am studying how to package the modules of perl within one single installation. I am trying to eliminate the hassle of not having an internet connection when installing koha. Usually, if you are installing one on a linux box, you have to download the perl modules or connect through the repositories of debian.

I conceptualized all of these because I want to ship Qikoha up to the most remote libraries of our country. Qikoha will be free of charge and will be available within the next six months.

I hope someone will donate little amount of money so I could pursue the project.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< let's sail back home =)

The Fruits of My Imagination

Let's keep this room neat and tidy

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Fernando, Pampanga, Philippines

Call me geek I don't care, I never claimed I am.



My Org Flipp
Koha ILS
Font from GWWG
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com