Sunday, September 24, 2006
Secured or Unsecured Macs?

I was a bit disappointed when i heard this news:
MacOS X more unsercured than Windows XP

Well this is a bit devastating and a bit old (Feb 2006) maybe apple has done something or released some fix.

I have them both, i got my MAC OS X Tiger Running on my PC, take note that this is not a MAC!






4 Comments:
Blogger mac.n.tux had this to say:

The funny thing here is - of all the vulnerabilities on Mac OS X, have you seen any exploits? Compare that to Microsoft's.

BTW, how old is Microsoft's OS compared to the version of Mac OS X that is being evaluated?

BTW, you are PIRATING software. Mac OS X on non-Mac hardware is not LEGAL!

5:29 AM 

Blogger qiqo had this to say:

Well we see that the article focused on the vulnerabilities and patches, that is why i was also shocked when I saw this article. Almost all people here at our workplace use mac and they have been pretty happy doing it (Except for some problems with old i-books and their logic boards)

I am not anti-mac nor pro-microsoft, i really dont go well with the idea of digital divide. I believe that once a person learned and mastered an operating system's look and usefulness, he should continue pursuing it or if he really has no choice with his financial status he should go for other alternatives without the pain of loosing the recent.

I am just a poor student who dreamed of having an apple machine, it was my dream to have MACOS run on x86 platform (i have spent hundreds of hours lobbying at the irc channel of opendarwin just to see darwin install on an old machine). With the release of hackintoshes [osx on x86], i personally know my liability, however i donot have any intention of spreading this discovery as it is really for the sake of personal satisfaction.


Again thank you for your comments and suggestion as they would really help me with my researches.

7:31 AM 

Blogger mac.n.tux had this to say:

Have you seen the news today? Microsoft struggled to get their patches released today? :D

6:39 PM 

Blogger qiqo had this to say:

Well, it always does. I have a miniscule concern because most of the clients i administer are linux or mac.

10:11 PM 

Post a Comment

<< let's sail back home =)

The Fruits of My Imagination

Let's keep this room neat and tidy

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Fernando, Pampanga, Philippines

Call me geek I don't care, I never claimed I am.



My Org Flipp
Koha ILS
Font from GWWG
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com