Monday, October 09, 2006
Ima and Her Heart

Scans of the heart of Ima would suggest that she is experiencing heart failure. This is really new to me, we have no traces of heart ailments in our family. Maybe she got since the day she played the role of a single mother to her young children after the death of her husband. My mom would tell me that Ima tasted a pityfull life, she worked hard to make her children finish high school. She would climb the mountain and make charcoal, carry heavy pile of sticks for her stringbean plants and do stuff that a strong man can do.

My birth gave a different meaning for her life. I am her first grand son, and I was a source of joy for her. She almost raised me when I was a child (because my parents were not able to raise me because they had work). She never allowed mosquitoes to bite me nor other children bully on me. She saw to it that i have new uncrayoled books after she got her paninda from the market. Though not a graduate of elementary, Ima taught me basic arithmetic skills specially when selling something. I love my grandmother more than I love myself. But time really tests us and she got this disease.

Is it time to pay her back? Yes, ofcourse. Before I went to UP, i promised my Ima that I would pull her from the ditch of poverty. And this still dissapoints me. I feel like I am a failure to her for I could not give her my hard earned diploma. All I can offer is to support her medication. Sometimes I fail to give her money because I also have personal financial shortcomings. She then will ask the bumbay to lend her money so she could purchase her medicines. My heart bleeds on these instances. I want her to enjoy my the fruits of my work but I could not give her the luxuries she has dreamed of. I really have no room for complaints but all I want is for my grandmother to be happy.

How?






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< let's sail back home =)

The Fruits of My Imagination

Let's keep this room neat and tidy

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Fernando, Pampanga, Philippines

Call me geek I don't care, I never claimed I am.



My Org Flipp
Koha ILS
Font from GWWG
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com