Monday, October 16, 2006
Internet Scams Everywhere: Wanna Win Some Money?

Three years ago when I was out of school, I was bored and tired with my life and I had nothing to do but to chat and surf the net in our cafe. Until my mailbox was filled with these strange emails coming from people "allegedly" from Africa seeking help with their financial status. An email from Burkina Faso said that there is a certain man who died in a plane crash and he left a huge amount of money which have been dormant and if unclaimed will be forfeited by the African Development Bank. The woman who emailed me also frequently called me through my mobile and she was making arrangements so I could claim as the dead man's next of kin. Then a man claiming that he's a manager from the said bank requests me to send money through western union so that the dormant account will be activated. Hell I always thought it had a catch so i was not that terribly dissapointed but nevertheless I was not still un bored with my life. Other funny stories like winning the lottery and a help seeking Loi Estrada occured and made the worse of my computing experience.

Today, internet fraud is everywhere. It even entered the local online trading and auction sited here in the Philippines. Some people from UK and India are selling cheap phones which are unbelievably low priced. Yet still a lot of Filipinos are victimized due to lack of information. One buyer from a local website got 50 grand swipped out of his pocket because he had wished to buy a fully loaded laptop. And he ended empty handed with smudges on his heart.


There is this one new online site, probably networking site or it can be just the promotion, which offers cash for every referal via draws. I still do not know if this is true but a lot of testimonials prove that it's the next charity offerer to the neighborhood. You might want to try earning by clicking this. A friend of mine got an ipod from it and he received his prize thru a parcel.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< let's sail back home =)

The Fruits of My Imagination

Let's keep this room neat and tidy

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Fernando, Pampanga, Philippines

Call me geek I don't care, I never claimed I am.



My Org Flipp
Koha ILS
Font from GWWG
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com